UAW 4123 has officially endorsed positions on three key propositions that will appear on the November ballot in California.
YES on Prop 30: The Schools and Local Public Safety Protection Act
– This proposition WILL AVOID a $250 million cut toCSU.
– If Prop 30 passes,CSU students will receive a REFUND for this year’s tuition increase.
NO on Prop 32: The Stop Special Interest Money Now Act
– Prop 32 would severely RESTRICT UNION MEMBERS in both the public and private sector from having a voice in our political process.
– This proposition EXEMPTS secretive SUPER PACs and CORPORATE front groups, which can raise unlimited amounts of money from corporate special interests and BILLIONAIRE businessmen to support their candidates or defeat their enemies.
YES on Prop 34: The Savings, Accountability, and Full Enforcement forCaliforniaAct
– By replacing the death penalty with life without parole, California tax payers WILL SAVE $100 million a year.
– Since reinstatement of the death penalty in the U.S., 140 INNOCENT men and women have been freed from death row. In California, HUNDREDS OF INNOCENT people have been wrongfully convicted of serious crimes, three were sentenced to death.
If you want to get involved with these campaigns, please enter your contact information below.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]